info-inventor-dev

Re: Collision Detection

To: "Shailesh Gattewar" <shailesh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Collision Detection
From: Morten Eriksen <mortene@xxxxxx>
Date: 19 Oct 2002 21:56:38 +0200
Cc: <info-inventor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: info-inventor-dev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Shailesh Gattewar <shailesh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> So if anyone has worked on incorporating collision detection on
> OSOIV please let me know how they have done so.

Not *directly* related to SGI's Open Inventor, but we're currently
working on collision detection support in the Coin library, which is a
clone of the Inventor API.

So far, the SoIntersectionDetectionAction of TGS's API has been
implemented to work with bounding box intersections. We expect to have
the collision detection support working on the detailed level with
primitives completed the coming week.

For more information about the Coin library, check the link in my
.sig.

Regards,
Morten
--