I've just installed kdb version 1.5 with linux 2.2.18, redhat 6.1. What
I've done is :
- install modutils 2.3.11
- download and unzip the patch
- apply the patch in my linux source tree
- $ cd linux
$ patch -p1 < kdb-2.2.18....
$ make xconfig
- in the " xconfig kernel hacking" window, I've chosen the options that
* the use of a kernel debugger,
* the use of frame pointers
* the kdb running automatically after booting.
But, after rebooting, I didn't see the flag "kdb" in /proc/sys/kernel.
Thus, the kdb command seems not to work...
What did I miss ? Where am I wrong ?
Thank you for your help