kdb

RE: kdb from COM1: doesn't work with ctrl-A

To: "Keith Owens" <kaos@xxxxxxx>, <kdb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: kdb from COM1: doesn't work with ctrl-A
From: "Sharad Tiwari" <sharad.tiwari@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:53:52 +0530
Sender: kdb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Keith and the rest of the gang,

I would like to know some rather basic questions answered. I could not make
out much from the available documnetations.

The following are my questions:

1) How is debugging done in a multi-processor environment ?
2) Does kdb/kdgb support debugging in a SMP environment ?
3) Could anyone let me know the limitations kdb/kgdb has in an SMP environment?
4) Can non-maskable interrupts be sent across processors while debugging?

anyone has anyidea of Dprobes limitations and strenghts in the same context,
please throw light on the same.

Thank you all in advance.

regards,
Sharad