kdb

KDB on SMP machines

To: kdb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: KDB on SMP machines
From: Corey Minyard <cminyard@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:06:11 -0600
Sender: kdb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'm trying to get KDB working properly on an SMP machine, and it seems to have some problems. There's KDB_VECTOR, which doesn't seem to be tied to anything but seems to be used to stop the other CPUs, KDBENTRY_VECTOR, which is for initial entry. In general, the SMP code seems half-done in the patches on the FTP site.

kdb enters ok and I can debug on the CPU that entered KDB, but I am unable to switch to the other CPU and it seems to still be running.

I read some discussion on the mailing list about this, but there doesn't seem to be any resolution. Is there any?

Thanks,

-Corey