Re: IPv6 fragmentation and IPv6 header parsing

To: kakadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brad Chapman)
Subject: Re: IPv6 fragmentation and IPv6 header parsing
From: Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 02:08:54 -2000 (MSD)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

>    I am currently completing a port of the Netfilter connection
> tracking subsystem from IPv4 to IPv6. Most of the features in this
> port are complete, except for fragment handling,

This is the last thing to complete transition from IPv6 back
to IPv4 wickedness. :-)

>    I would appreciate any feedback at all regarding this.

Feedback follows: make this and do not show to anyone, especially
to your mother. :-)

If you have some problem, which is not solvable without defragmenation
in the middle, go to ipng wg to discuss how to make this.
Particularly, NAT rewriting ports for IPv6 is full non-sense.

Alexey