How to set the free-buffer-space for which select set a socket writable.

To: linux-net <linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxx>
Subject: How to set the free-buffer-space for which select set a socket writable.
From: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:06:20 -0700
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'm looking for a way to make select wait for a certain amount of
free-space in the write queue for UDP (and hopefully, TCP) socket.

For instance, I want to send a 32k UDP packet, and I don't want
select to tell me the socket is writable when there is only
4k of space available (because my resulting sendto of the 32k
pkt will fail in this case).

Is there a way to do this today?  If not, any interest in
accepting a patch that would give this functionality if
I write one up?

Thanks,
Ben

--