Re: Why was the /proc info removed from e1000 ?

To: Jason Lunz <lunz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Why was the /proc info removed from e1000 ?
From: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:51:06 -0800
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jason Lunz wrote:
greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

I just noticed in the latest changelog that the /proc support was
removed from the e1000 driver?  I always found this usefull...any
reason why it was deleted?

shortly lower in the changelog, you'll see that the same stats are now
availble using the standard ethtool interface. I don't know whether you
need a new ethtool to make sense of the e1000 stats struct.

Jason

It was nice to not have to have to dredge up the latest ethtool binary
in order to see the pretty stats.  However, I am glad to see more stuff
supported by the ethtool interface.

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>