Re: 3c59x support

To: Michiel Borkent <borkdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 3c59x support
From: Bogdan Costescu <bogdan.costescu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:46:23 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: andrewm@xxxxxxxxxx, <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[ dropped linux-kernel ]

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Michiel Borkent wrote:

> card and it only works with the 3c59x-scyld module, I found with Debian
> Woody with a linux v2.2 kernel.

What version of the Scyld driver are you using ?
Please note that the Scyld driver works with the 2.4 kernels too.

> It does NOT work with the normal 3c59x module

Well, "does NOT work" is not really a good starting point for a diagnosis.
You should find in Documentation/networking/vortex.txt in your kernel tree
details about how to create a useful report.

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx