CONFIG_IPV6 Documentation update.
Specifically, there are no descriptions on net-tools in
===== net/Kconfig 1.26 vs edited =====
--- 1.26/net/Kconfig Sun Oct 5 15:50:47 2003
+++ edited/net/Kconfig Wed Oct 29 00:31:40 2003
@@ -120,8 +120,10 @@
tristate "The IPv6 protocol (EXPERIMENTAL)"
depends on INET && EXPERIMENTAL
- This is experimental support for the next version of the Internet
- Protocol: IP version 6 (also called IPng "IP next generation").
+ This is experimental support for the IP version 6 (formerly called
+ IPng "IP next generation"). You will still be able to do
+ regular IPv4 networking as well.
Features of this new protocol include: expanded address space,
authentication and privacy, and seamless interoperability with the
current version of IP (IP version 4). For general information about
@@ -130,12 +132,10 @@
<http://www.bieringer.de/linux/IPv6/> and the file net/ipv6/README
in the kernel source.
- If you want to use IPv6, please upgrade to the newest net-tools as
- given in <file:Documentation/Changes>. You will still be able to do
- regular IPv4 networking as well.
- To compile this protocol support as a module, choose M here: the
- module will be called ipv6.
+ To compile this protocol support as a module, choose M here: the
+ module will be called ipv6. If you try building this as a module
+ and you have said Y to "Kernel module loader support" above,
+ be sure to add 'alias net-pf-10 ipv6' to your /etc/modules.conf file.
It is safe to say N here for now.
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI @ USAGI Project <yoshfuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPG FP: 9022 65EB 1ECF 3AD1 0BDF 80D8 4807 F894 E062 0EEA