We are testing IPv6 multicast with FreeBSD(kame) router.
The kernel version is 2.4.22. And we are using both MLDv1 and MLDv2.
We apply some patches to fix problems of 2.4.22
- fix MLD v1 compatibility mode checks to allow for extension header
- MLDv2 MRC timer wrong units [PATCH]
But there are still some problems.
1. After joining multicast address, MLDv2 listener report isn't issued
2. After leaving multicast address, MLDv2 listener report is issued, but
routing doesn't stop. The type of report is ChangeToIncludeMode.
FreeBSD doesn't seem to stop multicast after receiving it.
1. After joining multicast address, MLDv2 listener report(not MLDv1) is issued.
After receiving MLDv2 query, MLDv1 listener report is issued.
2. After leaving multicast address, MLDv2 listener report is sometimes issued.
It happens after long communication.
And I have a question about recent patch.
This patch doesn't include the following patch.
Isn't it necessary?