orinoco upstream merge to kernel status?

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: orinoco upstream merge to kernel status?
From: Dan Williams <dcbw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:29:09 -0500
Cc: proski@xxxxxxx, hermes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I've just looked over the diff between current 2.6.12rc1 and upstream
"for_linus" branch of the orinoco drivers.  I found that the delta is
almost 100% due to monitor mode/scanning code that's found in the
upstream driver.  That's the last _important_ piece that has to get
merged to the mainline kernel.  It seems all the other trivial pieces
have been merged already.

David/Pavel: is it correct that the only bits left are monitor
mode/scanning, and that they cannot be separated?  Should that diff just
be posted as a patch to netdev?  Or are there other issues with the
"for_linus" branch right now that prevent the final merge from
occurring?

Dan