pcp

How to do data reduction on a machine different from the data col lectio

To: Linux Perf CoPilot Majordomo <pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: How to do data reduction on a machine different from the data col lection machine?
From: "Rapacki, George R" <george.r.rapacki@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:32:24 -0600
Sender: owner-pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have used pmlogger to collect performance data on our ds1 server.   I can
use pmval on the ds1 server to see the metric values.    When I copy the
archive files and the pmns to another machine with PCP (Apollo) and try to
run pmval or pminfo or pmdumplog I get an error, specifically:

pmval -z -a test2.ds1 -n ./pmns/root kernel.all.cpu.idle
pmval: Cannot open archive "test2.ds1": Illegal label record at start of a
PCP archive log file

Any suggestions on what I'm missing?

Thanks
George Rapacki