pcp

RE: New result for case 083

To: "Zhang, Sonic" <sonic.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: New result for case 083
From: kenmcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:24:08 +1100 (EST)
Cc: "PCP (E-mail)" <pcp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: pcp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Zhang, Sonic wrote:

>       I replaced 'setenv' with 'set' in file 083. The former problem is
> fixed, but I got a new problem.

Changing the setenv to set is not the correct solution here ... I think
I mailed you a modified version of 603 earlier that replaces the sequence

        rsh ... "setenv FOO bar; cmd"
by
        rsh ... "sh -c 'FOO=bar cmd'"

This is guaranteed to work, independent of the login shell for pcpqa at
the remote host.

Since that apparently worked, I've now changed and attached the other
scripts that needed the same re-write, namely: 083, 272 and 375.

>       Please see the following result. I got this result on pcp-2.3.0-8.
> >From now on, I am moving to the new version of pcp, all future result files
> correspond to this new pcp.

> 083 - output mismatch (see 083.out.bad)
> 33c33
> < Unable to connect to primary pmlogger at ME: No permission to perform
> requested operation
> ---
> > Unable to connect to primary pmlogger at ME: No such PMAPI error code
> (-1042)C

This is very odd.  Can you help me discover if 1042 is defined in
errno.h on the local host, and if so what it maps to?

And then try to compile and execute this C code fragment ...

#include <string.h>
main()
{
#define err 1042