Problems compiling

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problems compiling
From: Rawb <rawb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:58:14 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Well, I feel like an idiot, but I can't manage to get XFS to build anymore,
I can get it to fail in either one of these two interesting ways:

fs/fs.o: In function `xfs_free_file_space':
/usr.ext/src/linux-2.4-xfs/linux/fs/xfs/xfs_vnodeops.c:5896: undefined
reference to `xfs_dm_send_data_event'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

That one, I figured, was because I didn't compile in the DMAPI support, so
I went ahead and turned that option on, and I get this error:

make[6]: Leaving directory `/usr.ext/src/linux-2.4-xfs/linux/fs/xfs/linux'
make -C dmapi fastdep
make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** dmapi: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory

A find on anything that has dmapi in it turns up absolutely nothing.

I was about to sacrifice a live chicken, but the local poultry shop didn't
have any live ones, and I would hate to have to drive clear accross town
just to get a live chicken if you guys can help me figure out what I did
wrong. ( Special bonus, if the person that fixes it is from the Mountain
View facility, I'll take you to lunch or dinner, your choice. Now how's
that for motivation? )

--
Rob Aagaard (rawb@xxxxxxxxxxxx) -------------------------------------
|  When someone says "I want a programming language in which I need |