Re: Problems compiling

To: rawb@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problems compiling
From: Dean Roehrich <roehrich@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 13:19:27 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>From:  Rawb <rawb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>fs/fs.o: In function `xfs_free_file_space':
>/usr.ext/src/linux-2.4-xfs/linux/fs/xfs/xfs_vnodeops.c:5896: undefined
>reference to `xfs_dm_send_data_event'
>make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
>
>That one, I figured, was because I didn't compile in the DMAPI support, so
>I went ahead and turned that option on, and I get this error:

You should be using stubs for things like xfs_dm_send_data_event().  Find them
in fs/xfs/xfsdmapistubs.c.  The CONFIG_XFS_DMAPI variable should not be set,
as DMAPI isn't in the tree anyway.

Are there any differences between your fs/xfs/Makefile and the one I've
included below?

>( Special bonus, if the person that fixes it is from the Mountain
>View facility, I'll take you to lunch or dinner, your choice. Now how's
>that for motivation? )

Darn....

Dean, in Eagan, MN.

------------ fs/xfs/Makefile ------
#
#
# Copyright (c) 2000 Silicon Graphics, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
# under the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as
# published by the Free Software Foundation.
#
# This program is distributed in the hope that it would be useful, but
# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
#
# Further, this software is distributed without any warranty that it is
# free of the rightful claim of any third person regarding infringement
# or the like.  Any license provided herein, whether implied or
# otherwise, applies only to this software file.  Patent licenses, if
# any, provided herein do not apply to combinations of this program with
# other software, or any other product whatsoever.
#
# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
# with this program; if not, write the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59
# Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston MA 02111-1307, USA.
#
# Contact information: Silicon Graphics, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy,
# Mountain View, CA  94043, or:
#
# http://www.sgi.com
#
# For further information regarding this notice, see:
#
# http://oss.sgi.com/projects/GenInfo/SGIGPLNoticeExplan/
#
# Makefile for XFS on Linux.
#
# Note! Dependencies are done automagically by 'make dep', which also
# removes any old dependencies. DON'T put your own dependencies here
# unless it's something special (ie not a .c file).
#

#CFLAGS := $(filter-out -Wall,$(CFLAGS))

# EXTRA_MKDEP_OPTIONS = -v

EXTRA_FIND_DIRECTORIES = linux pseudo-inc
ifeq ($(CONFIG_XFS_GRIO),y)
        EXTRA_FIND_DIRECTORIES += grio
endif
ifeq ($(CONFIG_XFS_DMAPI),y)
        EXTRA_FIND_DIRECTORIES += dmapi
endif
EXTRA_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES = -I./linux -I./pseudo-inc -I.

EXTRA_CFLAGS += -g3 -Wno-unused  -Wno-parentheses \
                -Wno-uninitialized ${EXTRA_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES} -D_KERNEL \
                -funsigned-char

EXTRA_CFLAGS += $(shell if $(CC) -Wno-unknown-pragmas -S -o /dev/null -xc
/dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1; then echo "-Wno-unknown-pragmas"; fi)

ifeq ($(CONFIG_XFS_DEBUG),y)
EXTRA_CFLAGS += -DDEBUG -DXFSDEBUG
endif

ALL_SUB_DIRS=linux