Re: SGI XFS on ppc

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SGI XFS on ppc
From: Thomas Graichen <news-innominate.list.sgi.xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2 Aug 2000 23:25:20 GMT
Sender: owner-linux-xfs-announce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thomas Graichen wrote:

>> Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > Maybe scattering prinks through the xfs_readsb will tell us something
>> > else.
>>
>> ok - i have found the place where it hangs (by the help of lots of
>> printk's and at the end also delays :-) - it loops in xfs_xlatesb
>> through the while loop taking the "if (arch == ARCH_NOCONVERT" and
>> the "if (dir>0) {" (not the "else" one in both cases) ... does this
>> help you in any way ? - should i print out any variables there ?
>>
>> so what next ?
>> Hmm this probalby has something to do with the endian conversion macros.

> Can you print out the value of arch and
> say the first 10 bytes of buf_ptr and mem_ptr.
> Before getting into  the loop.

arch is "1" - can you please just send me printf's for everything
else you want to see ?

also see my response to the other mail from steve lord: i finally
got it successfully mounted so far with his suggestion (to just
ignore the xfs_xlatesb ...

thomas.graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
technical director                                       innominate AG
clustering & security                                networking people
tel: +49.30.308806-13 fax: -77 web: http://innominate.de pgp: /pgp/tgr