LVM brocken

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVM brocken
From: Klaus Strebel <stb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:12:27 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi !

i just pulled out an actual source-tree for linux-2.4-xfs (hm, about 10
MEST), built it and found a problem with lvm. Any filesystem on a
logical volumn can't be mounted - superblocks cannot be read (for ext2,
reiserfs, xfs  ;-). Probably a problem with ll_rw_block (can't track
this down, rm'ed my sources from 10/10/2000 that worked so far, but
couldnd umount xfs :-( ).

Another 'issue' for me is, that the mountoption 'nokio' is not treated
in fs/xfs/linux/xfs_mount_opt.c. I'd liked something like this added :

                } else if (!strcmp(this_char, MNTOPT_KIOCLUSTER)) {
                        args->flags |= MS_KIOBUFIO|MS_KIOCLUSTER;
                } else if (!strcmp(this_char, MNTOPT_NOKIO)) {
                        args->flags &= !MS_KIOBUFIO;
                        args->flags &= !MS_KIOCLUSTER;
                } else {

Without it, you get the message "mount: unknown mount option "nokio"."

Cheers
Klaus
--
Klaus Strebel