REOPEN 802017 - ASSERT fail in xlog_get_bp on small mem machine

To: dxm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: REOPEN 802017 - ASSERT fail in xlog_get_bp on small mem machine
From: pv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (dxm@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 22:27:58 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Webexec: webpvupdate,pvincident
Webpv: proxy2.melbourne.sgi.com
View Incident:
http://co-op.engr.sgi.com/BugWorks/code/bwxquery.cgi?search=Search&wlong=1&view_type=Bug&wi=802017

 Assigned Engineer : dxm               Submitter : dxm
 Project : xfs-linux                   Assigned Group : xfs-linux
 Opened Date : 09/17/00               *Closed Date :
*Fixed By :                           *Fixed By Domain :
*Verified Date :                      *Modified User : dxm
*Modified User Domain : engr          *Description :
I haven't seen this problem for ages on my 64Mb crash box,
but the problem is still there.

I installed XFS on my home machine last night and was very
happy with its performance (P100, 32Mb RAM, 32Gb disk) until
I tried to cleanly remount my XFS partition and tripped an
ASSERT in xlog_get_bp.

My home machine is very tight on memory, but I don't think
it's an unreasonable machine to try to run XFS on. Unfortunately,

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (REOPEN)
From: dxm@engr (BugWorks)
Date: Oct 03 2000 10:27:57PM

This fix has slowed down the usual case (non-small-mem machine)
and could be made faster.