XFS filesystem corrupts on umount

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS filesystem corrupts on umount
From: Russel Ingram <ringram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:00:58 -0600 (MDT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have seen umount related things in the archives but nothing that seems
to match what I am experiencing here.  I just installed the kernel and xfs
utils that come on the ProPack 1.4 CD.  I created an xfs filesytem on
/dev/hda4 (now /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part4) after having copied
everything out of it to a temp dir.  The filesystem created fine and
mounted fine.  I was even able to copy the old fs back to it with no
problems.  I unmounted the new fs to mount it back into its normal mount
point in the dir tree (/home), but when I went to mount it back in it gave
be a bad superblock or too many filesystems mounted error.  xfs_check
didn't report anything, but after running xfs_repair on it it mounted
ok.  I umounted it again to see if the error was going to occur again and
it did.  It seems the filesystem becomes corrupt every time umount is run
on it.  Is this a known problem?  Is there an easy way around it?

Thanx,
Russ

Russ Ingram
Gargoyle Computer Consulting