Re: Using quotas with Linux XFS

To: jtrostel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Using quotas with Linux XFS
From: "Nathan Scott" <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:05:22 -0400
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi John,

On Nov 20,  1:01am, John M Trostel wrote:
> Subject: Using quotas with Linux XFS
>
> [ Main text
>   Encoded with "quoted-printable" ] :
>
> I am having some trouble using quotas with XFS on my linux system.  I am

I guess I should butt in right there & say that xfs quota on
linux are a work in progress & anything that works should be
seen as a blessing. ;-)  there's alot left to do here... the
most you should expect currently is that it builds.

> using kernel 2.4.0-test10 and the XFS file system has been working fairly
> well overall.  I am now trying to implement the quota tools (from the
> ./cmds/quota directory).

these are only half (at best) finished, so problems should be
expected...

> The problems I am having are the following:
> Any clues as to what I am doing wrong? or right ;->

no, I'll have to have a look into this.  there's a good chance
that this has never even been attempted yet, so just send me a
patch if you can see the problem, otherwise i'll have a look
into it tomorrow.

cheers.

--
Nathan