Re: XFS on Linux questions

To: alanc <alanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS on Linux questions
From: Ken McDonell <kenmcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 07:14:58 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, alanc wrote:

> Hi,
> I was reading the latest XFS on Linux information and I am very
> interested in the XVM and real time capabilities of XFS. When will this
> be available in the Linux port?

XVM porting to Linux is underway as part of the CXFS effort, but at
this stage there is no intention to open source either XVM or CXFS.

We have no immediate plans to add real time features (and more
importantly the guaranteed rate I/O, aka GRIO, capabilities) to the
open source version of XFS.  This is a matter of available resources
and priorities within SGI, so offers of external assistance may be
helpful.