Re: TAKE -

To: Keith Owens <kaos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TAKE -
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 19:44:51 -0600
Cc: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Keith Owens wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 18:57:25 -0600,
> Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Date:  Tue Jan  2 16:57:14 PST 2001
> >Modid:  2.4.x-xfs:slinx:81395a
> >cmd/xfs/misc/mkinitrd.xfs - 1.3
> http://gibble.americas.sgi.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/slinx_2.4.x-xfs-nodel/>cmd/xfs/misc/mkinitrd.xfs.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.3&r2=text&tr2=1.2&f=h
> http://oss.sgi.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/linux-2.4-xfs/>cmd/xfs/misc/mkinitrd.xfs.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.3&r2=text&tr2=1.2&f=h
> >       - Update mkinitrd to use new module layout.
>
> Instead of hardcoding module paths into mkinitrd and changing the
> script when modules move, it is better to run as (untested)
>
> mkinitrd --with=pagebuf --with=xfs_support --with=xfs

I remember trying that at one point without much luck... although I don't
remember why.
Ohh that's right... the size of the ramdisk has to be significantly
increased... from 4092 to 25000

Actually I need these changes for the modified RH 7.0 installer.

It's much easier to install a modified mkinitrd than more fiddling with
anaconda.

--
Russell Cattelan