Re: Mounting real-time device - can it be done?

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mounting real-time device - can it be done?
From: Annius Groenink <avg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:46:55 +0100 (CET)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Joost Remijn <remijnj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

> Try
>
> mount -t xfs -o rtdev=/dev/hdb3 /dev/hdb4 /xfs
>
> This should let you mount, I suspect you will find problems with actual file
> I/O into realtime files, but we can fix those as we find them. The realtime
> subvolume has not had any attention payed to it in quite a while.
>
> Steve

Unfortunately, this still gives me:

iep:/usr/include/linux# mount -t xfs -o rtdev=/dev/hdb3 /dev/hdb4 /mnt/xfs
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb4,
       or too many mounted file systems

Perhaps I am making some mistake.  Will investigate further.

I am using the most recent build (2.4.1-XFS) without any patches.

--

dr Annius V. Groenink
groenink@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Kruislaan 400                 Eidetica, Amsterdam
NL 1098 SM Amsterdam
http://www.eidetica.com/      Knowledge services - Internet intelligence