Re: MD ioctls in mkfs.xfs

To: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MD ioctls in mkfs.xfs
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Feb 2001 19:14:39 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>> "Seth" == Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Seth> When trying to create a md volume on 2 ide disks in a raid0 md
Seth> volume the sytem complains that an older ioctl is being used.

Seth> mkfs.xfs(pid 9939) is using onsolete MD ioctl, upgrade your
Seth> software to use new ioctls.  mkfs.xfs: waning - can not set
Seth> block size on block device /dev/md0 invalid argument.

I just committed a fix to CVS.  Tiny patch attached below.

Please note that we're still having several corruption issues with
RAID5.  These are being worked on...

Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/
SGI XFS for Linux Developer, http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/