Re: MD ioctls in mkfs.xfs

To: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MD ioctls in mkfs.xfs
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Feb 2001 19:14:39 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>> "Seth" == Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Seth> When trying to create a md volume on 2 ide disks in a raid0 md
Seth> volume the sytem complains that an older ioctl is being used.

Seth> mkfs.xfs(pid 9939) is using onsolete MD ioctl, upgrade your
Seth> software to use new ioctls.  mkfs.xfs: waning - can not set
Seth> block size on block device /dev/md0 invalid argument.

I just committed a fix to CVS.  Tiny patch attached below.

Please note that we're still having several corruption issues with
RAID5.  These are being worked on...

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/