Re: Mounting real-time device - can it be done?

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mounting real-time device - can it be done?
From: Daniel Moore <dxm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:44:42 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Steve Lord writes:
 => Try
 =>
 => mount -t xfs -o rtdev=/dev/hdb3 /dev/hdb4 /xfs
 =>
 => This should let you mount, I suspect you will find problems with actual fil
 => e
 => I/O into realtime files, but we can fix those as we find them. The realtime
 => subvolume has not had any attention payed to it in quite a while.

The last time I recall, writing to real time subvolumes worked ok, but
wrote the blocks to the data subvolume not the real time subvolume.

Which, needless to say, is not a good thing.

 Daniel Moore                  dxm@xxxxxxx
 R&D Software Engineer         Phone: +61-3-98348209
 SGI Performance Tools Group   Fax:   +61-3-98132378