Re: XFS and SW RAID

To: Kalvinder Singh <ksingh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS and SW RAID
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Feb 2001 18:39:58 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>> "Kalvinder" == Kalvinder Singh <ksingh@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Kalvinder> I did read the FAQ, and from the sounds of it XFS will not
Kalvinder> work with software RAID, however I went through the archive
Kalvinder> and noticed that some people are working on it.

Kalvinder> Is this correct?

Kalvinder> And how much extra work needs to be done to get it working?

We believe we have fixed the RAID5 corruption problems.  However, the
resync workaround hurts performance badly and I'll have to fix this
properly.

I've attached the current patch below.

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/