Re: Looking for Programing guide on XFS/Dmapi

To: xavier oriol <xoriol@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Looking for Programing guide on XFS/Dmapi
From: Dean Roehrich <roehrich@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:07:21 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>From:  xavier oriol <xoriol@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Hello,
>
>I've try using DMAPI based on the samples include with the Xfs
>package ( Linux 2.4.0 test 11 with XFS.) and I'm terribly missing
>a good  Programing user guide for the XFS Dmapi , does anybody knows
>where I could get a good one ?
>
>Rebuilding the sample I've been unable  to get back the DM_EVENT_WRITE
>event using print_event or migin ?

Under sample_hsm I think the only piece working on Linux is migls.  Use the
print_event from suite1.  (No, I don't have a list of what does or doesn't
work.)

I don't know of a programming manual, but the DMAPI spec is at:
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9657099/toc.htm

Here are some notes I use when I need to do something basic, such as get a
read event for a file:

---------
D=/data/clink/a/roehrich/dmapi_tests/suites

$D/simple/dm_create_session -i dean1

$D/suite1/bin/set_disp -s $newsid /mnts/s0/P1 DM_EVENT_READ

$D/suite1/bin/set_region -s $newsid /mnts/s0/P1 DM_REGION_READ

$D/suite1/bin/get_events $newsid

$D/suite1/bin/respond_event $newsid $token_num 1 0

$D/simple/dm_destroy_session -s $newsid

Then, from another window, I cat(1) the file between the set_region and
get_events commands.  It's possible that print_event could be used instead of
get_events/respond_event.

Dean