Re: FAQ updated

To: Thomas Graichen <thomas.graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FAQ updated
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Mar 2001 08:44:08 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Graichen <news-innominate.list.sgi.xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>>> writes:

Thomas,

Thomas> * current status of XFS on sw-RAID (russel are your patches in
Thomas>   now - i don't think so - right? - any plans within this
Thomas>   week?)

The patches are not in, no.  The resync throttling code is extremely
brittle and has been bugging me for days now.

I think I nailed the bug Friday, but my testbox ratted out on me (time
to get an X10 relay), so I haven't been able to verify.  I'll try it
as soon as I get to the office.  Barring new bugs, I'll check in the
fixes.

If throttling still doesn't work correctly, I'll probably check in the
MD patches anyway and then fix it later.  It's not really a problem
unless you run your RAID in degraded mode.

Thomas> * does XFS on LVM work out of the box (i.e. XFS tree plus lvm
Thomas>   beta patches) now?

I have prepared an upgrade to 0.9 for xfsprogs this weekend.  I'll
commit today.

Due to the frequent LVM IOP protocol changes, both userland and kernel
need to be at the same version, so I ponder upgrading TOT to 0.9beta6
once it gets out.

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/