Re: Pre-production questions

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Pre-production questions
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Mar 2001 15:41:22 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

>> mkfs.xfs -d sunit=1,swidth=64
>>
>> Or should I multiply both of those numbers by 512?  Also, should I
>> make the logfile any bigger than the default due to the size of the
>> partition?

Steve> Actually this is incorrect, you need

Steve>  -d sunit=64,swidth=448

Hmmm. I read the 64KB as across all the disks.  Usually RAID5 arrays
tend to use very small values compared to RAID0/1.

Joshua - check your manual to make sure what they mean.

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/