Re: Prerelease 0.10.1 images now available.

To: Ajay Shekhawat <ajay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Prerelease 0.10.1 images now available.
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:45:42 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 at 2:35pm, Ajay Shekhawat wrote

> I've successfully patched the 2.4.3 kernel with these patches (almost
> everything
> worked, except for a few minor  rejects).
>
> So far, it seems to be OK. NFS serving of XFS works, and I'm beating on it
> heavily.
>
> The reason for the switch: I'd heard that the 3C905B ethernet card is better
> supported in 2.4.3. I've been having problems with this card under a heavy
> load; I just thought I'd try out the new kernel and see.

Are you running on any SMP machines?  I had to add the 'noapic' option to
my server running the 2.4.2-xfs kernel, otherwise eth0 disappeared due to
lost interrupts after very little activity.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering