Re: TAKE - Merge of kiobuf unmerge

To: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: TAKE - Merge of kiobuf unmerge
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 13:48:01 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Andi Kleen wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 12:21:58PM -0400, Russell Cattelan wrote:
> > > Back out kiobuf based I/O path
> >
> > Pity :-(( Hopefully there will be a worthy replacement found in 2.5.
>
> Yes agreed...
> Given the controversy around kiobuf's  right now, we felt it best to
> disassociate the release of  XFS  from them.
>
> A patch been archived  in the source tree so that we may revive this
> work
> at the appropriate time.
>

> > -Andi

I spoke with Stephen Tweedie about this, and he was of the opinion that the
final direction would be sufficiently different that the existing code
would only be useful as salvage. Other people are free to take the code and
do with it what they want of course. We just have to keep kicking Jens
until some code emerges ;-)

Steve