Telnet/Ftp problem with version 0.10

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Telnet/Ftp problem with version 0.10
From: kenneth.leung@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:30:08 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

I have a problem after installing SGI's XFS version 0.10 with Redhat
Wolverine. It involves the system rejection any FTP and Telnet connections
coming into the box. I have tried using both the "Server with XFS" and the
"Custom" installations. I am able to configure the network adapter, and FTP
& Telnet to other machines. During the installation, I chose the "No
firewall" option.

I first noticed the problem when trying to FTP into the machine running
0.10. After supplying my username/password, the connection would fail,
declaring that the "Connection has been closed". There is nothing in the
/var/log/messages file that indicates an error occurred. Then I realized
that Telnet connections were also being rejected.

We are so close to getting 0.10 functional, everything thing else works,
including the enterprise kernel which we want to use (for the high memory
module). However, a machine that closes every FTP/Telnet connection is of
little use in our environment.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
Ken