No /dev/cdrom with Pre-Release 10 and RH7.1

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: No /dev/cdrom with Pre-Release 10 and RH7.1
From: Jonathan Schwarz <js@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:32:02 -0400
Cc: seawolf-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I just installed A RH 7.1 "Server" installation with the SGI PR 10 for 7.1 The install went beautifully, and everything was fine until I tried to mount the RH install CD to install some packages that I wanted extra. /dev/cdrom is a symlink to cdroms/cdrom0, which does not exist.

There is also no cdroms dir in dev, and no hd* except hda[1-7]!!!!

Has anyone else seen this/know if this is an XFS or Seawolf problem?

Thanks,
Jonathan Schwarz