Re: mkfs.xfs primary bootable partition issue

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mkfs.xfs primary bootable partition issue
From: John <jsh_45@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 00:19:24 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
--- Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > #mount -t xfs /dev/hda1 /boot
> >  Mounting /dev/hda1 on /boot failed: No such file
> or
> > directory
>
> Ok, silly question maybe... does /boot exist?

Those silly user errors :)  Well the installer is
mounting / on a ram drive and I guess /var existed
cause that didn't error (but /boot did).  After
steeping back and taking a look at what the install
was doing I figured it out.  The installer mounts the
root hard drive /target (so I just mkdir /target/boot
and the same for var) and mounted the three mount
points AOK.

Thanks for the user error alert!  It got me thinking
right.

John