Module loading on log{in|out}

Subject: Module loading on log{in|out}
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 12:35:23 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
First off, let me congratulate everyone on a job well done getting 1.0
polished up and out the door.  Absolutely excellent.

I have a RH 7.1 system upgraded with the 1.0-Release RPMs.  Whenever I log
in or out on the console, the following occurs, as logged in
/var/log/messages (and `dmesg`, of course):

i2c-core.o: i2c core module
i2c-algo-bit.o: i2c bit algorithm module
Linux video capture interface: v1.00
bttv: driver version 0.7.57 loaded
bttv: using 2 buffers with 2080k (4160k total) for capture
bttv: Host bridge needs ETBF enabled.

An lsmod right after logging in does *not* show these modules loaded.  I'm
just curious as to what's going on and if I can stop it.  It's not fatal
or anything, but it does make the logs bigger (and may scare the users).
Thanks.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering