RE: vmware broken again:

To: pac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: vmware broken again:
From: John Trostel <jtrostel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 11:09:35 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Look at /usr/lib/vmware/modules/source/vmnet.tar (from vmware build 799)

Inside this tar should be a file vmnet-only/vnetInt.h

This file needs to be patched as follows:

after

 #define DEV_KFREE_SKB(skb, type) dev_kfree_skb(skb)
 #define SKB_INCREF(skb) atomic_inc(&(skb)->users)

add the following

 #ifdef KERNEL_2_4_0
 #define SKB_IS_CLONE_OF(clone, skb) ( \
  skb_cloned(clone) \
  )
 #else

then, skip over the following original lines

 # define SKB_IS_CLONE_OF(clone, skb) ( \
 skb_datarefp(clone) == skb_datarefp(skb) \
 )

and after these lines add this final endif

# endif

This made my vmware work again... YMMV

--
John M. Trostel