Re: Anyone got XFS working with DAC960?

To: "Mr Lancealot" <mrlancealot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Anyone got XFS working with DAC960?
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04 May 2001 12:41:19 -0400
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Has anyone got a XFS SCSI RAID setup working with the DAC960
> module?  I go through the Redhat 7.1 XFS install disk, and
> everything seems to work fine.  When I boot the system up it can not
> mount the RAID device.  I get "mount: special device /dev/rd/c0d0p1
> does not exist" anytime I try to mount the XFS raid device.  I have
> no trouble getting this setup working with EXT2.

I committed a patch to the development tree fixing this a couple of
days ago.  Unfortunately, there seem to be a few other issues with
2.4.4 and the tree is not quite stable yet.

So right now I'd recommend you hold off a bit until we do a respin of
the images.

PS. Please fix your mail program so it doesn't send out HTML mails to
the list.

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/