Re: Can I use XFS and GFS simultaneous?

To: Oleg Kodak <olegkodak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Can I use XFS and GFS simultaneous?
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 09:30:20 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, gfs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> This is a multi-part message in MIME format...
>
> ------------=_989589998-634-0
>
>  I try to use XFS on the system disk and GFS on the shared disks.
>  I have fresh source of GFS (from CVS) and
> kernel v244 (from .kernel.org) and
> linux-2.4.4-xfs-cvs-05022001.patch (from ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/downl
> oad/patches).
>
>  When I apply GFS kernel patches (patching - OK.
> Than I try to apply linux-2.4.4-xfs-cvs-05022001.patch
> and have some rejects:
>                       fs.h.rej
>                       vmscan.c.rej
>                       ksyms.c.rej

Without looking at the gfs code, I cannot give you definite answers, but:

In fs.h:

You need to define BH_Delay as some value not already used - I presume
GFS adds a new buffer flag.

You need to add the writepage_nounlock and toss_page methods to the
address_space operations vector, just do it, no other change would
be needed.

In vmscan.c:

Hard to say, what does the code look like at this location?

In ksyms.c

Just add in the line

EXPORT_SYMBOL(remap_page_array);

Steve