Re: vmware file locking problem:

To: pac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: vmware file locking problem:
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:29:10 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
It appears that vmware has hardcoded filesystem recognition code, and
it does not recognize xfs. The 0x58465342 number is the magic number
out of the xfs superblock which is returned in f_type by statfs
 'BSFX' or 'XFSB' on a little endian box.

I know there are people on the list who have vmware working on XFS,
Tom Duffy being one of them. He is in California so you will have to
wait a few hours....

Steve