Re: linux 2.4.2-XFS

To: Galen Arnold <arnoldg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: linux 2.4.2-XFS
From: Tin Le <tin@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:19:34 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, Mike Pflugmacher <mikep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Wayne Hoyenga <louis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 22 May 2001, Galen Arnold wrote:

> I downloaded the development tree from your cvs server, but was not able
> to "make bzImage" on linux 2.4.4:

> gcc -I/usr/include -ldb1 aicasm_gram.c aicasm_scan.c aicasm.c
> aicasm_symbol.c -o aicasm aicasm_symbol.c:39: db1/db.h: No such file or
> directory
> make[5]: *** [aicasm] Error 1

There's a number of problems with compiling the Adaptec driver in 2.4.x.
See the online kernel discussion group for multiple reports and fixes.

However the error message above shows that you don't have Berkeley DB
v1.8x installed on your system.  Install that and you should get past the
above error.

Tin Le
----
http://tin.le.org