Re: linux 2.4.2-XFS

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: linux 2.4.2-XFS
From: Galen Arnold <arnoldg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 15:35:12 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>, Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, Mike Pflugmacher <mikep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Wayne Hoyenga <louis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Russell,

I was able to get a couple nice runs over xfs with the 2.4.4-xfs kernel
built from the development cvs tree.  I'm attaching a file with some
comparisons to reiserfs and ext2.  Thanks to all for the hints & tips.

I did get a few more
        __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed.

from xfs during the 3rd test, but it continued and completed ok.  The
kernel did not hang as before with 2.4.2.  Total test time for 3 runs of
"iozone -s 4000m" was about 5 hrs.

-Galen

--
+