quota support for xfs

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: quota support for xfs
From: "Christopher \"C.J.\" Keist" <cjay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 11:50:18 -0600 (MDT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
    I have installed RH7.1 using SGI installer CD.  I have compiled the
kernel to support RAID with Linear support, xfs , quota and xfs quota
support.  I then created a file system appending three disks together, the
raidtab file follows:

raiddev /dev/md0
    raid-level            linear
    nr-raid-disks         3
    persistent-superblock 1
    chunk-size            4
    device                /dev/sdb1
    raid-disk             0
    device                /dev/sdc1
    raid-disk             1
    device                /dev/sdd1
    raid-disk             2

I was able to create the xfs file system with no problems.  I'm now trying
to get user quota to work, but having no luck.  Here is how the file sytem
is being mounted in the fstab file:

/dev/md0                /test                   xfs     rw,usrquota     1
1

I have tried just quota,userquota and usrquota for the mount options, all
seem to work with no errors in mounting, but all behave the same in that
quotas don't work.  When I try repquota -v /test I get the following:

repquota: Not all specified mountpoints are using quota.

mount command shows the following:

[root@strife /etc]# mount
/dev/sda1 on / type ext2 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
/dev/md0 on /test type xfs (rw,usrquota)

setquota does the following:

[root@strife /etc]# setquota jeremy 50000 55000 5000 5100 /test
setquota: Not all specified mountpoints are using quota.

I have also downloaded and compiled/install quota-tools-3.01-pre6, still
no luck.  Doing strings on the quota commands do show that xfs support is
there:

[root@strife quota]# strings /usr/sbin/setquota | egrep xfs
  xfs - XFS quota format
/proc/fs/xfs/stat

Is all this just telling me that quota support for XFS filesystem on a md
raid device is not supported?

C. J. Keist                     Email: cjay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-2465
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301