Re: NFS crash ... xfsdump?

To: "P.Dixon" <P.Dixon@xxxxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NFS crash ... xfsdump?
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:17:47 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 12:49 11-6-2001 +0100, P.Dixon wrote:
Hi,

Whilst running xfsdump on our serve, NFS crashed and couldn't be
restarted. The output from /var/log/messages is shown below. I've read
that ext2dump shouldn't be used with 2.4 kernels - does this apply to
xfsdump?

Any time I see a NULL pointer being de-referenced, I get worried...

I am running kernel-smp-2.4.2-SGI_XFS_1.0 from the Red Hat 7.1 SGI XFS
install CD.

I recommend getting the 2.4.5 or 2.4.6pre1 patch from the oss.sgi.com FTP server and rebuilding your linux kernel. I don't know if CVS is a 100 Percent a the moment.

There have been fixes in the development tree for dumping on a active system and NFS.

If you can reproduce it using a more up to date tree we would be most grateful.

Cheers

--
Seth
I use the last kind.