Re: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs

To: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs
From: Luc Lalonde <llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:30:32 -0400
Cc: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Nathan Scott wrote:

Hello Nathan,

I updated the kernel to 2.4.7-pre6-xfs.  However, I got your message to
include kdb after I had already done so.

I decided to revert to the aic7xxx_old.  I suspect that the new Apaptec
drivers that have gone through a major overhaul are not up to snuff.  My
failures always occur when by backup is writting to tape (Amanda).

The next time it crashes and I upgrade the kernel I'll include kdb.  I
too suspect that this is not XFS related.

Cheers.

--
Luc Lalonde, Responsable du reseau GIREF

Telephone: (418) 656-2131 poste 6623
Courriel: llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx