Re: Houston Summer -> duplicate inode range

Subject: Re: Houston Summer -> duplicate inode range
From: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:44:06 +0800 (PHT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 at 20:27, Chris Bednar wrote:
> Today, I had a disk overheat, which led to severe corruption on an XFS
> volume.

I have absolutely no experience or knowledge enough to help you out with
your problem, but I was wondering: how does one monitor the temperature of
the hard drives? I have sensors on my motherboard that I presume get the
ambient temperature readings inside the case, and my hard drives are not
too far away, but I was wondering if maybe hard drives have embedded
thermal sensors? Or should the paranoid install some thermal sensor
plastered on each drive?

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III  :: jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Network Administrator :: The Leather Collection, Inc.