Re: Where is ACL information stored with XFS?

To: Mark Bradbury <mark.bradbury@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Where is ACL information stored with XFS?
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:53:38 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Yes I would also like to know
> dump and restore are OK for small systems
> but what about a 1 TB system
> SGI have been using this filesystem for a while so there must be a
> better solution.
>
> We have just had to restore 100GB of files after a (2)discs failed on us
> this was with a ext2 filesystem
>
> If we had XSF and samba 2.2.1a how would we restore the ACL's ?

Other folks have already said use xfsdump/xfsrestore if you want your
ACLs backed up, and that Amanda does support them. I am not actually
sure if any of the other backup products which run on xfs have the
ability to back them up. And if they do, SGI has little influence with
folks like Legato when it comes to getting features into their
products!

Steve