Re: Backup ACLs

To: "Juer Lee" <Juer.Lee@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Backup ACLs
From: "Nathan Scott" <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 07:32:59 +1000
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On Jul 24,  4:57pm, Juer Lee wrote:
> Subject: RE: Backup ACLs

> >xfsdump here:

> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> Ohmm, I have already downloaded it, but I failed to compile
> >that version
> >> on my machine (Power PC).  So I used version 1.0.2 as I mentioned
> >> before. Is it my version 2.95.2 GCC's problem?=20
> >>
> >> Juer
> >
> >Hmm, we need more details than 'failed to compile'
> >
> >Steve
> >

> When I compiled it, I got error message as
> xfs_fsr.c:156: 'O_DIRECT' undeclared here (not in a function)
>
> Thougn I can modify some code for that, I am not sure if other problems
> I will meet.

If you compile against the XFS headers from the current
xfsprogs-devel rpms, you should find this problem goes away.
The Debian porters came across this problem and helped fix it
quite awhile ago now.

You will then run into the next problem, which is that there
are no syscall entry points for the ACL and extended attribute
system calls for the PowerPC architecture, so you will need to
make changes to your kernel and to the libattr & libacl source
to implement this.

I'm surprised that the test you did (from your original mail)
didn't give you errors when you ran "chacl" the first time...
did you not see an error like:
"libacl: acl_set system call not defined for this architecture"?

cheers.

--
Nathan