Re: Houston Summer -> duplicate inode range

To: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Houston Summer -> duplicate inode range
From: Matthew Geier <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:51:20 +1000
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Federico Sevilla III wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 at 20:27, Chris Bednar wrote:
> > Today, I had a disk overheat, which led to severe corruption on an XFS
> > volume.
>
> I have absolutely no experience or knowledge enough to help you out with
> your problem, but I was wondering: how does one monitor the temperature of
> the hard drives?

 I've just put into service a linux/XFS server based on the Intel SC5000
server chassis. The 'hot swap' scsi bays have a scsi management device
on the bus. Among other things it monitors the temperature of the drive
enclosure.
 The Mylex hardware RAID driver reports back when the system boots that
the 'enclosure temperature is OK'.

 So the higher end stuff has things like disk bay temperature
monitoring.