Re: 2.4.6 patch does not apply cleanly to 2.4.6

To: ptb@xxxxxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.4.6 patch does not apply cleanly to 2.4.6
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:50:09 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 16:21 10-7-2001 +0200, Peter T. Breuer wrote:
The 2.4.6 patch didn't apply cleanly to a pure kernel source ..

  ./fs/buffer.c.rej
  ./fs/namei.c.rej
  ./mm/vmscan.c.rej

And in any case the patch I got hold of

   linux-2.4.6-xfs-cvs-06212001.patch

contains all kinds of cvs and acl cmd extranea. Is there a clean kernel
patch hanging around somewhere?

This was a snapshot of the CVS tree in between -pre merging.
It was never really tested that much AFAIK.

The .rej's themselves are easy to mend, except for buffer.c, in which I
can't find a likely referant for the failed block. And in any case
compilation of the result fails in aic7xxx!

See FAQ. This is not related to the XFS patch.

So I would guess random other patches have been applied. Fair 'nuff.
Just give me a clue what they are! Moving the 2.4.5 aic7xxx_reg.h
across almost does the trick, but not quite. aic7xxx_seq.h is also
needed. That seems to fix it. But what happened?

The FAQ has a nic entry for this.

CHeers

--
Seth