Re: XFS and Emacs don't play nice

To: Daniel Stone <daniel@xxxxxxxxx>, sandeen@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS and Emacs don't play nice
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:53:50 +0200
Cc: Daniel Stone <daniel@xxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 00:30 11-7-2001 +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 09:26:02AM -0500, sandeen@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
>
> > I'm getting null-byte
> > corruption through entire files (my entire /etc/mailcap got replaced with
> > null bytes, as did the postinst's for a few packages).
>
> Can this be traced to system hangs or crashes, or is this on a happily
> running system?  If it's the former, then see Steve's explanation in
> this thread...

It has hung, but only after I've got the corruption. Probably due to heat, I
don't know and don't particularly care, because it runs 99.9% of the time,
and there's nothing I can do about the heat, short of ripping out a couple
of hard drives, getting a bigger case and rearranging stuff.

I've got a big one to fit all my stuff in ;)
http://www.yeongyang.com/products/yy0320-0330.htm

As for the null bytes, I knew what I was in for when I started tracking XFS
CVS. *shrug*

Yay!

--
Seth